Readings for September 8-15
Abraham and Lot: -Genesis 11:27-14:24
God’s covenant with Abraham: -Genesis 15:1-18:15
Judgement on Sodom: – Genesis 18:16- 19:-29 (30-38) hot stuff!
Abraham, Isaac and Sarah; Hagar and Ishmael:- Genesis 20:1-22:24 The tangled webs we weave!
Sarah’s death; marriage of Isaac: – Genesis 23:1-25:18
These questions are provided to help think about the readings – answer one or two if you wish;
- Genesis is made up of a lot of stories. Which story did you like best? Why?
- What surprised you in reading this book and why do you think you were surprised?
- What questions do you have after reading this book?
- What other books does this book remind you of? – doesn’t have to be a Bible book
- Which character in the book did you like best and for what reason?
- Which character do you like least – and why?
- Share a favorite quote from this book and say why it stands out. What does this quote mean for your faith?
- What feelings does this book create?
- If you had a chance to ask God one question about this book, what would you ask?